Today, we are excited to announce a free, standalone version of Prism!
Prism powers the transformation, validation, and mocking features in our API Designer. Over the last several months we have been working on a standalone version, built around OAS (Swagger 2).
It runs on most operating systems, with no dependencies. For example, running a mock version of the canonical Swagger Petstore API, with dynamic responses and request validations, is as simple as:
- Download the appropriate binary.
./prism run --mock --list --spec http://petstore.swagger.io/v2/swagger.jsonin your terminal.
- Read more about Prism's capabilities.
Prism includes other useful utilities, to help when working with OAS files, like printing endpoints to terminal, and validating specs.
Please give Prism a try and let us know what you think!
This update also includes numerous improvements to the API designer. Highlights are detailed below.
- [new] Overhauled StopLight documentation.
- [new] Significantly improved latency and responsiveness throughout designer.
- [new] Login with Github.
- [new] Import specification from URL.
- [new] Include request body examples in exports.
- [new] Feedback widget. Tell us how we're doing!
- [new] Add endpoint group as tag, when exporting.
- [new] When adding an endpoint, allow you to choose which group to add it under.
- [new] Add back, forward, reload, and open in browser buttons to app.
- [new] Add search to code editors (cmd/ctrl + f).
- [new] Auto-save when stop editing editor section.
- [new] Support endpoint operation ids.
- [fix] Support circular $ref in schemas / models.
- [fix] Safari should not require double click for particular buttons.
- [fix] JSON schema viewer, display boolean defaults.
- [fix] JSON schema viewer, support combiners correctly, required correctly.