Your Resource for the API Design Lifecycle
Leading with a design-first mentality to your API strategy and applying that to your entire software development lifecycle will ensure your business sees measurable results and return on investment for your API program. In this recent CIO article, by industry analyst Charles Araujo states it’s proven that “as the experience economy and API economy collide, enterprise leaders must take a proactive approach and embrace a little-known, but deeply rooted technical discipline of API design.”
But how? Many of us are perplexed by the process.
That’s why we created the API Design Hub, a comprehensive and resource-rich center that specifically encompasses the API management and design lifecycle. In this hub, we will walk you through the problem, why it matters, what resources you have available, and how you can set your API program up for success.
In an API design-first development process, API architects are able to quickly bring a vision to life and easily engage all stakeholders, promoting alignment and reducing valuable engineering time. The result of a design-first process is an API product that is comprehensive, consistent, and understandable by both human collaborators and machines.
Let us show you how you can build APIs faster with a design-first approach with fewer errors, more innovation, quality stakeholder input, and improved consistency across your entire organization.
For more resources on API design, you can check out the following:
- API Design Best Practices Guide
- Design Matters Webinar Rewatch: The Various Approaches & When to Use Each of Them
- New Public Style Guides Feature in Stoplight Platform: Use preset public style guide templates, with additional options to be released soon.
- Setting up a Killer API Design Team: Who should be on your API design team and why? Include these key stakeholders.
- CIO Online: The experience economy, the ecosystem mandate, and why API design may be the key to competitive advantage.