Elements Now Available Open Source and in Stoplight Platform
Build highly customized, interactive API Docs generated from OpenAPI with Stoplight Elements. Create beautiful, integrated, and interactive API reference documentation, launch an incredible developer experience, and host your docs wherever you want.
Elements is Stoplight’s new open source API documentation building blocks tool. Whether you have an existing developer portal or are working locally, you can use embeddable components powered by Elements to add automatically generated API reference documentation that fits in seamlessly with your developer portal.
With Elements, you can help internal and external users discover, learn, and integrate with your API quickly by publishing interactive documentation, tutorials, and code samples that are always up to date.
- Powered by OpenAPI: Leverage OpenAPI and JSON Schema to create beautiful, templated documents for even the most dynamic payloads.
- Interactive API Console: Help developers get started faster by letting them try out requests and responses within the documentation.
- Code Samples: Let your API documentation do the heavy lifting for developers and kickstart integration by providing code samples in popular languages like Curl, Python, Ruby, Java, and many more.
- Enhanced Markdown Support: Write rich tutorials and descriptions with Stoplight-flavored Markdown that gives the ability to add tabs, callouts, embed JSON examples, mermaid diagrams, and much more.
- Easy Set-Up: No build steps; get started in minutes. Elements is built on web components, so creating API documentation is as easy as adding an HTML tag within your project, and can be used with any framework.
- “Try It Out” and Mocking: Integrated “Try It” and mocking keeps your development workflow more connected
- Image Upload: Easily drag and drop images right into your documentation
- Delightful DX: Helps developers find and consume APIs faster with a customizable left navigation and three-column layout.
Get Started with Hosted Documentation: Need hosted docs? Host your API docs in Stoplight Platform with a free or paid subscription at no extra charge. For more tips on proper documentation, check out our previous blog.