One of our most requested features has been Windows and Linux support for the Stoplight desktop app. Today, we are excited to finally release builds for Windows (64 bit) and Linux (32 and 64 bit)!
Our desktop app makes working behind firewalls or with local servers easy, and stores API request data locally, alleviating the most common security concerns.
You can download the Stoplight desktop app appropriate for your current operating system by visiting https://download.stoplight.io.
The Stoplight desktop app:
- Syncs in realtime with the web app, and all of your team members.
- Manages an instance of the Prism proxy on your computer for you (by default, it runs Prism on http://localhost:4010).
- Makes it easy to send HTTP requests from behind firewalls, or to local development servers.
- Takes care of those pesky CORS issues.
- Makes it easy to run tests from behind firewalls, or against local development servers.
- Stores HTTP request data offline, on your computer. API requests and tests sent/run through the local Prism instance never touch our servers! This solves many security issues.