Empathy & Community
"We don't have enough empathy, not just in API design or technology, but the world in general. You'll see it again and again...stories where things have gone sideways because there wasn't enough understanding, care, or consideration for a party on the other side of a transaction. With APIs, whether you're in a small company or an enterprise, whether you're a single developer or a product manager with multiple teams...having empathy and true connection is absolutely vital," shared Matthew Reinbold, a recent guest on our API Intersection podcast.
When Matthew said this, it really struck a chord with me. As a leader in customer experience and support, I’m programmed to think about the person on the other end of the computer or phone. As it relates to the API Industry - built on making connections, I couldn’t agree more that empathy is vital to our audience's success. Here at Stoplight, the best way I know to demonstrate empathy for our users is by making it easy and valuable for them to come together to find and share resources.
With that in mind, we recently reimagined and rebuilt the Stoplight Community with the goals of creating better understanding and collaboration across our user base and beyond. It was important to me that we translate the voice of the customer and our users' experience into something tangible that can grow alongside this rapidly expanding and evolving API space.
So, now, I am pleased to invite you to the new and improved Stoplight Community on Discord and to share a few other helpful resources we hope will enhance your experience with Stoplight and be a resource to others leading the way in API design and development.
What Can You Do in the Stoplight Community?
The Stoplight Community consists of engaged Stoplight Platform users worldwide: innovating together, solving problems together, and building together towards a stronger foundation of API design and development.
The new Stoplight Community will be your one-stop shop to connect to accomplish the following:
- Assist others utilizing Stoplight products and our open-source tools
- Share information with a global API community
- Connect with developers and business leaders of a similar ability, skill, and mindset
- Receive updates on what's happening with our latest releases
- Collaborate on industry-specific challenges and solutions
Other Community Resources
Furthermore, I wanted to share a few other resources for our community members in addition to the new Stoplight Community page:
- Subscribe to the Stoplight Status Page: for Stoplight Platform operational alerts
- Subscribe to the API Design Blog or API Intersection Podcast: for tips & tricks on the industry
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook to stay plugged in to the latest chatter
- Visit our Support Page if you need additional technical support beyond what our community members can provide
- Check out our Youtube Channel for relevant demos and industry conversations
Join Me on the Stoplight Community
I would like to cordially invite you all to be a part of our Stoplight Community and contribute to making the world of API design and development even better! Accept the invite below to join our server and get started.
In the end, we believe that a proper technology company and the API software we create should go far beyond just the technology itself. I know that a good tech company builds up the surrounding community just as much as its own software. I hope you will join me in this mission, and I'm always happy to connect on LinkedIn as well with our community members.